AC Repair, Installation & Maintenance in St. Johns, FL
When you hire the team at David Gray Heating and Air, you can depend on more than just our upfront and honest pricing. We guarantee that the David Gray team will bring you unmatched air conditioning service in St. Johns, Florida. When you want fast, friendly service and a free estimate, you can count on our courteous team of highly rated HVAC technicians.Schedule Your Service Today
AC Installation & Replacement in St. Johns
Our HVAC installation teams can install central air conditioning systems, ductless mini-splits, swamp coolers, and single-room window units. We will calculate your unit's appropriate size and help you select the ideal system for your comfort.
Of course, even the best-built air conditioner won't last forever. When your old system has stopped delivering the cool comfort you desire, we will help you identify the best replacement option. We will remove the old unit and dispose of it, so all you have to do is sit back and relax as your new system cools your home. The benefits of a new AC system can include:
- Reduced energy consumption
- Lower utility costs
- Quieter operation
- Improved comfort and air quality
AC Repair in St. Johns
If your air conditioner isn't turning on, is freeing up, or making strange noises, it's a good bet that components are failing. Our HVAC repair teams will thoroughly inspect your system to find and fix the problem. We can solve the issue no matter if it is because your AC refrigerant is leaking, the evaporator coil is freezing up, or electrical systems are flickering and faltering.
Common AC problems we encounter in St. Johns include:
- Damaged electrical wires
- Leaking refrigerant coils
- Broken fan blades
- Clogged drains or filters
- Faulty breakers and fuses
- Damaged compressors
- Defective thermostats
- Worn out compressors
Contact our experts right away when you notice any of the following signs that you need AC repairs:
- Blank thermostat screen: If your thermostat shows a blank screen, you could have a clogged drain line or dead battery.
- Inconsistent temperatures: If parts of your home are not maintaining your desired cool and comfortable temperature, your AC needs expert attention.
- Fast cycling on and off: If your AC motor seems to cycle quickly (or seems stuck on full blast), you may have a problem! Our team has the skills and training to inspect and diagnose your air conditioner ASAP, then make the needed AC repairs.
- Energy bills are up: This is a sign that your cooling system may be using extra power, working overly hard to keep your home cool. Let our trusted HVAC technicians find the source of the problem and perform prompt cooling system repairs.
- AC blowing warm air: If you’re certain you haven’t set your system to “heat” accidentally, then your AC needs professional help from our team. If your AC requires frequent or major repairs, and you'd rather replace your system, our team can provide excellent air conditioner installation service too.
- Strange sounds: If your AC is making unusual noises, it is trying to tell you something! Our team can quickly troubleshoot your air conditioner and make the right repair.
- AC leaking: Moisture or condensation from a broken air conditioning system can encourage unhealthy mold growth and water damage to your Jacksonville home. Don't delay! Reach out today to avoid an AC breakdown.
AC Tune-Ups & Maintenance in St. Johns
Regular AC tune-ups help ensure your system will deliver the comfort you desire. An annual tune-up helps optimize the performance of your air conditioner. This has the added benefit of reducing wear and tear on your system. In turn, this extends the life span of your system and reduces your long-term repair and replacement costs.
Our AC tune-ups include the following and more:
- Check refrigerant pressure
- Leak inspection
- Clean condenser coil
- Check fan motor and pressure amperage
- Test safety switches
- Test defrost controls
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
- Inspect blower wheel
- Test and calibrate the thermostat
Similarly, scheduling regular maintenance is something you don't want to skip. In fact, many warranties require proof that the unit is properly maintained by a licensed and certified HVAC professional. Our team of specialists has a thorough understanding of air conditioners and their maintenance requirements. We perform a thorough inspection of each unit and ensure that the unit is primed for optimal performance. From checking for leaks to testing for tightness, we inspect every bolt, nut, coil, fan blade, and more.