Generac Preventative Maintenance
Protect Your Warranty
Most generators require maintenance once per year. If you don’t keep up with maintenance, you are shortening the life of your unit and could potentially void your warranty. Generac offers standard 5-year warranties as well as extended 7-10 year warranties. They cover repairs that result from product defects and parts that require premature replacement. Just like with a car or lawn mower, failure to complete regular maintenance can void your warranty. Doing what you can to ensure your unit works properly will give you peace of mind knowing it will work when it’s supposed to. You’ll be protecting your investment with genuine Generac parts. Lack of maintenance shortens the lifespan of your generator, and no one wants that. Below are the tasks that our Generac Certified Technicians will perform once per year for your unit:
- Inspect Generator Control Panel
- Inspect Fuel Lines, Fuel level & Connections
- Inspect Oil Level & Condition
- Inspect Leaks, Air Inlets & Clear Debris
- Inspect Accessory Drive Belts, Hoses & Clamps
- Inspect Coolant Level & Cap
- Check Wiring for Loose Connections, Corrosion & Damage
- Clean & Tighten Battery Terminals
- Check Battery Charge State & Cranking Voltage
- Gas Pressure Test & Valve Adjustments
- Clean Exterior & Interior of Generator
- Inspect Dead Front & Cover
- Remove Dust. Debris & Grease
- Inspect Fuses, Relays & Breakers
- Change Engine Oil with Synthetic
- Replace Oil Filter
- Replace Air Filter, if needed
- Replace Spark Plugs
- Transfer Power (If ATS Accessible) for 10 minutes
- Check Fuel Pressure Under Load
Fill out the form below to start your Preventative Maintenance Plan today
Things to Know
- Our Generac Certified Technicians will clean, inspect and do the above tasks your unit one time each year only.
- If your unit stopped working, a separate service call needs to be scheduled.
- This appointment does not include repairing or installing parts.
- Replacements or repairs may be suggested for your unit.
As part of this plan, you are eligible for 10% off:
- Electrical Service Diagnostics and Repairs.
- These services must be scheduled separately from your Preventative Maintenance Tune-Up/Cleaning appointment.