Garbage Disposal Services in Jacksonville, FL
Your kitchen garbage disposal system is one of the most used systems in your house, but one of the most neglected as well. Ironically, a clogged, broken, or leaking garbage disposal is one of the most common plumbing repairs despite how often it goes virtually unnoticed. Misuse of garbage disposals is usually to blame for most jams and can get you into a real mess real quick. Luckily, David Gray Plumbing professionals are ready to rescue you from a Jacksonville garbage disposal issue when they arise.
Don’t let a broken garbage disposal get you down. Get the repair and replacement your Jacksonville garbage disposal system needs 24/7, 365 days a week. Contact David Gray Plumbing today!
Garbage Disposal Repair in Jacksonville, FL
Most of the time you know if you have a clogged or non-functioning garbage disposal. What you might not know is that if you delay the garbage disposal repair it can trigger clogs further down your drain lines causing more complicated and pricey drain clogs and backups. David Gray plumbers are experienced with multiple garbage disposal brands and sizes to identify and correct issues efficiently and reliably when they occur. Common garbage disposal repairs that we find are:
- Clogs: Water won’t drain through the unit because food or waste is clogging the drainpipe.
- Unresponsive unit: You flip the switch, but nothing happens. This could be due to a bad connection or a unit that needs to be reset.
- Noise: The system hums because the impellor or motor needs to be replaced.
- Leaks: Water is found underneath the sink near the motor from faulty seals or broken pipes.
- Smells: Faulty seals permit waste and odors to escape endangering the sanitation of the areas.
- Food jams: Too much food, or the wrong kind of items, are inhibiting the normal blade motion.
Contact David Gray Plumbing today to schedule a garbage disposal inspection or repair.
Garbage Disposal Installation and Replacement in Jacksonville, FL
Garbage disposal installation and replacement in Jacksonville, FL, is made easy when you recruit the pros at David Gray Plumbing. When you need a new garbage disposal installed, or your current garbage disposal replaced, one of our plumbing professionals can explain the most efficient unit for your household needs and budget. Our plumbers are trained to install the unit, the necessary garbage disposal plumbing, and perform the power source checks to get you up and running fast.
Contact David Gray Plumbing to find out more about our garbage disposal installation services.
What Can’t Go Down Your Garbage Disposal
Prevent the inconvenience and cost of a broken garbage disposal by avoiding food or items that could compromise its intended use. The following items should NOT be put down your garbage disposal:
- Coffee grounds
- Pasta, rice, and starchy foods
- Egg shells, potato peels, nuts, and oatmeal
- Grease, oil, or cooking fat
- Shells, seeds, apple cores
- Fibrous foods (like pumpkin, celery, kale, lettuce, artichokes, asparagus, corn husks, onion skins)
- Non-food items (errant cutlery, paper towels, candy wrappers, cardboard, paint, or caustic cleaning chemicals)
Need to have your garbage disposal serviced? Contact the experts at David Gray Plumbing today!
Schedule Garbage Disposal Services in Jacksonville, FL Today!
Properly maintaining your garbage disposal unit will extend the life of the unit and save you money and time on repairs. If you don’t have the convenience of a garbage disposal, or you need to have your current unit replaced, David Gray Plumbing is just a call away. David Gray Plumbing has three decades of experience helping homeowners in the Jacksonville area. We take pride in treating all our customers like family.
Contact David Gray Plumbing today to make an appointment for garbage disposal service.