Repairing Leaky Bathroom Appliances in Jacksonville, FL
The EPA reports that the average household's leaks account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted annually, or the equivalent of water needed to wash 270 loads of laundry. The good news is that correcting household water leaks can save you 10 percent on your water bills, without much effort. Repairing your Jacksonville leaky bathroom appliances won’t break the bank, and it’s a great way to protect your investment.
Need to have a leak assessment done in your Jacksonville, FL home? Contact the experts at David Gray Plumbing today!
Keep Your Home Leak-Free by Repairing Three Common Leaky Appliances
Working to keep your home leak-free takes some time and effort, but will give you peace of mind that you are doing your part to take care of your home and conserve resources. Your bathroom is full of plumbing fixtures and is the source of many leaks. Here are the three most common leaky appliances in bathrooms:
- Showers: One of the most common places listed during home inspections for leaks is the showers. Steel showers are prone to leak, glass doors often leak, and tiled shower floors frequently leak from poor installation. Showerheads are also a place to check for leaks.
- Sinks: Bathroom sink leaks are typically the result of a bad drainpipe, loose pipe connection, or leaky sink drain flange.
- Tubs: Faucet and drain links are the most common. Most faucet leaks result from aging rubber washers inside the faucet assembly, which can dry out. In some cases, it is necessary to replace the entire faucet assembly.
Stop bathroom leaks in their tracks by contacting the pros at David Gray Plumbing. Get your bathroom leaks repaired and see instant savings on your water bill!
Preventing Bathroom Appliance Leaks in Jacksonville, FL
Preventing bathroom leaks takes much less effort than repairing them. One of the best ways to stay ahead of leaks in your Jacksonville home is to schedule an annual leak check with David Gray Plumbing to make sure everything is strong, secure, and intact. Our plumbing professionals inspect common trouble spots for leaks (like pipe joints and drain traps). By finding and addressing small leaks in the initial stages we save you from more serious and costly repairs.
DIY: Fixing Bathroom Appliance Leaks in Jacksonville, FL
Get ahead of water rot and other costly leak damages by fixing bathroom appliance leaks when you can. Here are some tips for treating some of the common leaky areas:
- Shower door: Splash water around your shower door and look to see if water escapes out from behind the frame. If it does, caulk the frame (on the inside) and run a new bead against the floor/tub joint.
- Shower/tub drain leaks: Repair the drain leak by unscrewing the drain flange from above. Clean the flange and apply silicone caulk. Insert a new gasket into place and screw in the drain flange.
- Tile leaks: Remove the old grout, caulk, and loose tiles to start a tile leak repair. If the surface behind the tile is solid, reattach tiles, re-grout, and re-caulk using tub and tile caulk. If you find more than a few tiles loose, install new backer board and tile, or a fiberglass surround.
- Sink rim leaks: Tighten the faucet base by turning the mounting nuts underneath it. Check to see if the sink rim is caulked. If it is, scrape away the old caulk and re-caulk. Then, tighten the clips under the sink rim that clamp the sink to the countertop.
- Under sink leaks: If the valve stem on a shut-off valve drips, you need to tighten the packing nut. If the leak doesn’t stop, then replace the valve. If that doesn’t do it, contact the professionals at David Gray Plumbing.
DIY projects can feel liberating and cost-effective when you start, but if they aren’t done correctly, they could lead to expensive repairs. When in doubt, contact the pros at David Gray Plumbing to help repair and assess your Jacksonville bathroom for leaks.
Schedule Leak Repair Services in Jacksonville, FL Today!
The condition of bathroom plumbing is an essential part of how well your home functions. When you need leak repair services in Jacksonville, David Gray can save the day. Our expert plumbing technicians can treat current leaks and find hidden ones to save you money and time. With over three decades of experience, you can trust the plumbers at David Gray Plumbing to keep your home leak tight. Schedule a bathroom plumbing inspection or repair in Jacksonville today by contacting David Gray Plumbing.
Don’t wash your money down the drain. Enlist the professionals at David Gray to find and treat hidden leaks! Contact David Gray Plumbing today to make an appointment for a leak inspection.