Sewer Backups & Repair in Jacksonville, FL
When facing the health risks and general mess of a sewer backup, you need a local 24/7 plumber you can trust to fix the problem quickly and effectively. At David Gray Plumbing, our expert plumbers are fully equipped to handle your sewer backup at any hour of the day.
Call (904) 724-7211 or contact us online for 24/7 emergency sewer repair in Jacksonville, Florida.
What Causes Sewer Backups?
There are many potential causes of a backed-up sewer:
- Clogs: Any foreign objects can clog a sewer line, preventing wastewater from flowing to the local sewer system and causing sewage to back up into your home.
- Tree root infiltration: Tree roots that grow into cracked or vulnerable sewer lines create a blockage and cause a sewage backup.
- Damaged sewer lines: As sewer lines age, they begin to develop sags, cracks, breaks, or misalignments.
- Heavy rains and floods: City sewage lines can be inundated with water when it rains. When these lines can’t take in more water, sewage can start backing up in homes.
Whatever the cause, we’re ready to help! Call (904) 724-7211 or contact us online today!
Signs of Sewer Backups
Sewer line backups are accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, including:
- Bad smells coming from your drains
- Standing water in a drain pipe
- Slow drainage or clogs in multiple drains
- Toilet problems that persist even after plunging
- Wastewater backups in floor drains, especially in low areas of your home like a basement
- One plumbing fixture acting up while you’re using another (like wastewater in a tub that backs up when you’re using a sink)
If any of these signs are familiar, contact us right away! Call (904) 724-7211 for Jacksonville sewer backup service.
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Jacksonville, FL
The pros at David Gray Plumbing will quickly help you get to the root of the problem with our top-of-the-line tools and expertise. When you get started with us for sewer line service, our expert plumbers will test your plumbing fixtures and may conduct a video inspection to further diagnose the problem. Then we’ll remove any clogs and repair or replace your sewer line to help avoid future backups.
The friendly David Gray Plumbing professionals are here to help! Contact us online or call (904) 724-7211 now!
How to Prevent Sewer Line Backups
The best way to fix a sewer line problem is to never have a problem in the first place. To lower your risk of clogs and backups, follow these tips for prevention:
- Properly dispose of waste: Don’t put grease, paper products, debris, or foreign objects in your drains.
- Properly maintain your plumbing system: Routine sewer drain cleaning helps prevent clogs and other issues that often lead to sewer backup.
- Install a backwater valve: This backflow prevention device can stop outbound water from flowing back into a home, even if the sewer line fails.
- Replace old sewer lines before they fail: The sewer lines most likely to fail are more than 25 years old and made of clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg. Save yourself the future headache by proactively replacing old sewer lines before a sewer break.
Choose David Gray for Your Sewer Backup in Jacksonville, FL
Whatever the cause of your sewer line backup, David Gray is the all-in-one courteous plumbing solution with your best interests in mind. Available 24/7 for emergency service, we’re ready to bring you targeted solutions for your plumbing needs with experience and a smile.
Don’t wait! Call (904) 724-7211 or contact us online for 24/7 emergency sewer repair in Jacksonville, Florida.